There really are no words to describe how much beauty has happened this year, thanks to our amazing volunteers, generous sponsors, wonderful families and the incredible individuals that all contributed to it all.
Some of our biggest accomplishments of 2014:
•We went from about 200 members of our e-NABLE family and community…to over 3200.
• Together, we created over 700 hands around the globe for those in need.
• We went from one basic design – to over 10 new designs for wrist driven hands and introduced myo-electric arms, elbow driven arms and the beginnings of exo-skeletons and even feet and legs.
• e-NABLE had it’s first “Prosthetists Meets Printers” conference with over 400 people in attendance – including prosthetists, medical professionals, families, occupational therapists, FDA representatives, surgeons and more – who all came to learn how to assemble e-NABLE devices.
• Hundreds of boy and girl scouts assembled e-NABLE hands to send to children around the world in underserved countries who were born with no fingers or lost hands and arms due to disease, natural disaster or war.
• The “Hand-o-matic” software was created to help even more people have the opportunity to create hands for those in need.
• We were listed as one of the top searches for the year by Google.
• Over a dozen schools “adopted” e-NABLE recipients and incorporated the creation of free 3D printed hand design into their classrooms…not only changing the life of the child that received the hands – but the children that helped to create them.
There are many other wonderful things and awards that have taken place over this past year – but the most beautiful and amazing….is that people from all walks of life and from all around the world, are putting their differences aside to come together to make a difference…one hand, one arm, one smile at a time.
Thank you for being a part of our 2014 and we hope to continue to create even more smiles in 2015!