Welcome to our E-Nable Volunteer Map!
To work with fellow e-NABLErs…(1) put yourself on our map of volunteers(2) join our G+ community(3) introduce yourself in the G+ community
We look forward to working with you!
If you would like to join us in this Maker Revolution and want to add yourself to our map – please do!
Although these roles are not all mutually exclusive, you can only pick one type of marker to represent you on the map. Don’t worry about it, there is no test! If you fall into multiple categories, just pick one. Tell us about yourself when you join our Google + community and (important!) write a post in the Introductions category.
• Can Help – Use this if you are in a hurry or if you prefer to have this default marker.
• Want Help (Recipient) – You or someone you know who wants a Mech-En (Mechanically Enhanced) device or needs guidance in creating one on their own.
• Matcher/Coach – Matchers and Coaches act as “native guides” for Recipients. You’ll help pair Recipients with Helpers, and coax them into providing the feedback and updates that keep us motivated! If you want to volunteer, say so in the community when you introduce yourself!
• Parent/Guardian – You are the responsible adult, the parent or representative of a potential Mech-En recipient.
• Fabricator – You have access to a 3D printer and are willing to download, print, and fabricate one of our community’s designs.
• Designer – You can create or modify designs and are willing to share them as open-source with the community.
• Designer/Fabricator – Someone who does both.
• Student – Someone that is attending an educational institution that is participating in this community as a research and development project or working with one of the teachers in the group to create a hand for someone.
• Teacher – Someone teaching a class at an educational institution or a local workshop in their community that would like to share feedback from their students, help with research and development and design or who may be trying to build curriculum that could be based around creating a functional device for someone in their own community. (We have an Education category.)
• OST – You are a volunteer of our indispensable Organizational Support Team. (You are good at organization, spreadsheets, keeping track of things etc.)
• Press – Someone who writes, publishes or vlogs reports about the E-nable Group and what we are accomplishing. May also be someone that would like to research venues and other publications to share our stories with and help get the E-nable group some media coverage.
• Print Shop – You represent a location with multiple printers, and make them available, with some support and at little cost, to Fabricators and Designers. (Because it’s good business, and it’s good work!)
• Hub/Makerspace/School – A non-commercial cooperative hotspot of innovation and creativity where people can work together on Mech-En devices.If you have any questions – please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org