Developed by Jorge Zuniga and his research group at Creighton University, the Cyborg Beast is one of e-NABLE’s most popular designs. Among its features are textured finger tips for improved grip, Chicago screw joints, protected cable routing through the body of the palm, and integrated tensioning system in the gauntlet. The Cyborg Beast is licensed under the Creative Commons-Attribution-Non-Commercial license.
All files for this design can be found on Thingiverse, HERE. For detailed instructions on which files to download and print, see below.
You can purchase an assembly materials kit for a Raptor hand from 3D Universe by clicking here. This kit includes all of the materials needed to assemble a Raptor hand or a Raptor Reloaded Hand.
A discount is available on these kits for e-NABLE members who are actively involved in the charitable fabrication of these devices. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
A portion of every kit sold will go towards supporting enablingthefuture.org and the e-NABLE community!
Cyborg Beast Instruction Manual: HERE
Assembly tutorial by Jeremy Simon of 3D Universe:
Tips for installing the tendon lines from Jeremy Simon of 3D Universe:
Which Files Should I Download and Print?
The latest version of the Cyborg Beast can be downloaded here. When you open this ZIP file, you will find the following files inside:
- Start here. The instructions have detailed information about sizing and assembly.
- This chart will help guide sizing.
- Gauntlet for thumbless left palm.
- Gauntlet for either right or left full palm.
- Palm for users with a left hand with a thumb.
- Distal finger with bumps on the finger tip for better gripping (fingers only).
- Distal finger with bumps on the finger tip for the thumb.
- Standard palm for a right-hand version.
- Gauntlet for a thumb-less right palm.
- Proximal phalange for the four fingers that interfaces with the palm.
- Proximal phalange for the thumb that interfaces with the palm.
- Smooth-tipped finger tips for the four fingers.
- Smooth-tipped finger tip for the thumb
- Standard left palm.
- Palm for users with a right hand with a thumb.
For a standard Cyborg Beast, you’ll need to print the following:
- 4 x Finger_w_Bumps.stl or Finger_wo_Bumps.stl
- 1 x Left_Palm.stl or Right_Palm.stl
- 4 x Finger_Phal.stl
- 1 x Thumb_Finger_w_Bumps.stl or Thumb_Finger_wo_Bumps.stl
- 1 x Thumb_Phal.stl
By accepting any design, plan, component or assembly related to the so called “e-NABLE Hand”, I understand and agree that any such information or material furnished by any individual associated with the design team is furnished as is without representation or warranties of any kind, express or implied, and is intended to be a gift for the sole purpose of evaluating various design iterations, ideas and modifications. I understand that such improvements are intended to benefit individuals having specific disabilities and are not intended, and shall not be used, for commercial use. I further understand and agree that any individual associated with e-NABLE organization shall not be liable for any injuries or damages resulting from the use of any of the materials related to the e-NABLE hand.