Peter Binkley developed this hand for a young boy in Greece. Departing from the traditional five fingers,the “Ody” hand instead uses three fingers to reduce the force necessary for grasping. The Ody hand uses the same tensioning system and and leather gauntlet as the Talon Hand and is licensed under the GNU GPL V2.
- Wrist hinge: (2) 8-32 x 5/8″ flat head hex screw; (2) 8-32 nylock nut
- Anchor mount: (3) 3m x .5 x 8mm flat socket cap screw; (3) 3m x .5 cap nut
- Cable anchor (3) set screws 6-32 x 1/4
- Cable guide: (4) truss head sheet metal screws #4 x 5/8
- Palm leather mount: (16-20) truss head sheet metal screws #4 x 3/8
- Leather to arm bars: (8) 6-32 x 3/8″ flat socket cap screw
- + a layer of 1″ nylon webbing: (1) 6-32 x 7/16″ flat socket cap screw
- + 2 layers of 1″ nylon webbing: (1) 6-32 x 1/2″ flat socket cap screw
- 3 pieces, each ~a foot long 0.05″ round trimmer line (landscaping type) for the cables. Fingertip ends of the line are melted into balls with a lighter so that they catch in the tips.