Many of e-NABLE’s designs require a collection of parts that aren’t currently 3D-printable. Below are some sources of hardware, cabling, and medical grade materials that are used in many of the designs. If you’re looking for other products, including 3D printers and supplies, please visit the shopping page.
Hand And Arm Assembly Kits
3D Universe has put together a comprehensive hardware kit that includes everything necessary to assemble a Phoenix Hand (except the 3D printed parts). These kits include all of the assembly materials needed for a Phoenix device and is compatible with multiple Phoenix designs, including the Phoenix Original, Phoenix v2, Unlimbited Phoenix, Phoenix Reborn, and the Unlimbited Arm.
3D Universe has put together a comprehensive hardware kit that includes everything necessary to assemble a Raptor Hand (except the 3D printed parts). We highly recommend this option as it is the easiest and fastest way to gather all necessary parts for a Raptor Hand.
3D Universe has put together a comprehensive hardware kit that includes everything necessary to assemble a Cyborg Beast (except the 3D printed parts). We highly recommend this option as it is the easiest and fastest way to gather all necessary parts for a Cyborg Beast.
Lee Tippi Gel Grip Fingertips
Lee Tippi Gel Grip Fingertips are a popular option for improving the fingertip grip on e-NABLE Community 3D printed hand and arm designs.
They can be purchased from 3D Universe or at your local Staples, Office Max, Office Depot, Walmart or office supply stores as well as from Amazon.com.
3D Universe has created sets of 12″x1″ velcro strap kits with buckles that work with a variety of e-NABLE devices. You can purchase a pre-cut and buckled straps in their shop.
Also know as interscrews, binding screws, book screws, and menu screws.
- RS Book Binders has been identified as a source of Chicago screws for those outside the US.
- UK Pattern Book Fasteners is another European supplier of Chicago screws.
- eBay carries a variety of Chicago screws.
- Chicagoscrews.com has a large variety of Chicago screws.
- Amazon carries Chicago screws.
- 2mm elastic line is available from Amazon.
- Power Pro Spectra Fiber Braided Fishing Line is available from Amazon.
- Braided fishing line from Sears.
- Nylon lift cord from Amazon.
- Dyneema braiding fishing line from Amazon.
- Shade lift cord available from Amazon.
- Sammons Preston medical grade orthoplast thermoformable plastic sheets are available on Amazon.
- Roylan Orthoplast is available from Patterson Medical.
- Firm foam padding is available from Patterson Medical.
- Sammons Preston Rolyan Aquaplast Sample Pack, typically available on Amazon, currently not available.
- Aquaplast Watercolors Splinting Material Single Sheet, Solid, Electric Blue, 1/8″ x 18″ x 24″, available on Amazon.
- AliPlast 6A, 1/8 x 24 x 29 inch sheet, White, available on Amazon.
- AliMed Multiform, 24 x 36 x 1/8 inch perforated sheet, available on Amazon.
- Aquaplast Watercolors Ped’s Pac “A”, available on Amazon.
- 12″x1″ Velcro Strap kits with buckles are available on 3D Universe.
- Nylon Velcro Strip is available on Amazon.
Used for securing tendon and elastic lines to the ends of the fingertips in the Cyborg Beast.
- Beader’s Paradise beads from Amazon.
- Glen sleeves are available from Express Medical Supplies.
- Roylan Stockinette small splint liners are available on Amazon.
The following are the sizes of screws used in the Raptor Reloaded. Multiple sizes are listed for each screw type. The particular size needed will depend on the size of the hand being produced. These screws can be found at most hardware stores.
Tensioner screws (2×5/8in)
Tensioner screws (4×3/4in)
Tensioner screws (6×3/4in)
Tensioner screws (8×3/4in)
Raptor Palm Screw (4-40X3/8)
Raptor Palm Stop Nut (4-40)
Raptor Palm Screw (6-32X1/2)
Raptor Palm Stop Nut (6-32)
Raptor Palm screw – base of palm (4X3/8)
Raptor Palm screw – base of palm (6X1/2)