With the e-NABLE Community of volunteers growing rapidly over the past 2 years, there are numerous chapters that have been formed by students, groups, libraries, schools and makerspaces, who are all participating in creating free 3D printed hands and arms for those in need. Our local chapters are critical since they work face-to-face with communities in a shared language and cultural context. This allows us to deliver individualized devices that recipients love rather than “one size fits all”.
If you would like to connect to our chapters directly for help in creating your own device or to create a device for someone else or would like to join their chapter and volunteer with people in your local community, please check the map below to see if there is a an e-NABLE Community chapter set up near you!
If you are interested in starting your own chapter in your school, library, city or region, please fill out the information form HERE and we will send you further details!
Benefits of being a Community chapter:
- Hands-on help starting your own chapter from other volunteers that have done it
- Regular video calls with other chapters to keep up-to-date on the latest designs, enhancements and projects
- Access to cash and in-kind grants of filament and other supplies for building devices (please visit Enable Outreach’s website for more details)
- Access to discounts on printers, filament, shipping and more
- Access to our Public Wait List so you can quickly find recipients who need a device
Link to forums dedicated to e-NABLE chapters: http://forums.e-nable.me/viewforum.php?f=19
Link to next chapters call: http://forums.e-nable.me/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=426
Link to our archive of e-NABLE Chapters video calls: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdY07i6W9ZUUOVDLUTsB872UJK5bqO0_m
Chapters and Libraries Map